PDA

View Full Version : TM 800 HD Feedback

cuebase
29-10-2012, 22:25
I have been asked to post here concerning the TM800.

Technomate would like to know what problems users are having. They have asked for the feedback to go to info@technomate.com
They have asked also to provide serial number and copy off purchase order. They wish to find out exactly how many customers are unhappy with the 800 and what problems they are having. I would ask If anyone does take time to do this that they also post here that they have done so and also post what reply they get in order to keep a tally. I do not know if this is being posted on any other forums and as were only a new forum with small membership I hope it is being posted elsewhere. If something good comes from it then why not.

Note: This is not an open thread to start a war off words I would ask that only genuine feedback is given in the manner above.

dryrainbow
30-10-2012, 02:02
I have been asked to post here concerning the TM800.

Technomate would like to know what problems users are having. They have asked for the feedback to go to info@technomate.com
They have asked also to provide serial number and copy off purchase order. They wish to find out exactly how many customers are unhappy with the 800 and what problems they are having. I would ask If anyone does take time to do this that they also post here that they have done so and also post what reply they get in order to keep a tally. I do not know if this is being posted on any other forums and as were only a new forum with small membership I hope it is being posted elsewhere. If something good comes from it then why not.

Note: This is not an open thread to start a war off words I would ask that only genuine feedback is given in the manner above.

Hi cuebase,

This is my email to technomate as you suggested. will let you know if there is a reply.
Appreciate your interest.

dryrainbow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am inputting my feedback re tm 800 HD as requested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TM-800HD051001465 / 10050017529007FE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TechDigital – www.techdigital.co.uk

Order #8405 Your order details are shown below.
Order Status:
Order Date: 14th Mar 2012 @ 12:05 PM
Order Total: €166.05 EUR

Order #8405 Contained the Following Items:
Item Details Price
Subtotal: €166.05
Shipping: €0.00
Grand Total: €166.05
1 x Technomate TM 800 Linux HD Digital Receiver

€166.05

Shipments for Order #8405 Date Shipped Shipping Method Tracking Link
14th Mar 2012 (Free Shipping) TNT GE405144475GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enigma: OpenPLi 2011-6-27-HEAD
Image: TM800 IQ 8/11/11
Ext HDD: ST 250LMO (250 GB)
Front processor ver. 1.0.1
Detected RCU ver, 1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ONLY use the TM-800 HD for watching satellite tv channels and for very basic recording. When I touch anything else, I’m in trouble and, sometimes, catastrophically so. A pity because with a little help on your part, the TM-800 HD could turn into a very good receiver.

Here is a list of the problems I have experienced:

When recording, (I use an external hdd via front USB), I only press the ‘record’, ‘ff’, and the ‘rewind’ buttons. All other recording functions don’t work, or may lead to a lot of trouble if attempted.

Instant recording, bookmarking, playlists and fibre lists are some of the functions that are just unusable. Subtitles and audio syc are a veritable headache, almost never working properly! There is absolutely no sign of any DVB subtitles activity either.

It must be said, however, that the recorded pictures and audio are just brilliant.

Its impossible to update the satellite list....it is stuck at 8 Nov 2011, date when the TM-800 image was installed.

There is no PiP mode, although it is listed in the Customise menu.

The remote control, whilst very efficient, is plagued by the misnaming of the buttons. I used sticky paper to rename the buttons properly....a real pain!

The RF output and networking are OK.

This is as far as I dare go with my TH-800 HD. Going into all the other menus and features is really asking for trouble. The tm goes into all sorts of odd behavior, which can result in permanent damage.
The fact that one is advised not to use the factory/full factory mode because of potential harm makes things even worse. Having paid good money, this is a very unsatisfactory state of affairs, as I am only using a tiny fraction of the vast array of features of the TM-800 HD.

I hope things will improve, so all owners of this receiver will start enjoying their receiver to the full.

It is fair to state that I have only very limited knowledge in this field, and the above views are practically those of a layman.

Best regards.

cuebase
30-10-2012, 02:22
dryrainbow that is by far the best post I have ever seen on any forum any where about the TM 800 many thanks for your input :)

Richard you asked here is post number one

dryrainbow
30-10-2012, 02:28
dryrainbow that is by far the best post I have ever seen on any forum any where about the TM 800 many thanks for your input :)

Richard you asked here is post number one

Hi cuebase,

Thanks for your kind words.

Warm regards,

dryrainbow.

dryrainbow
30-10-2012, 11:12
Hi cuebase,

I thought you would be interested in the attached second email I sent to technomate.

dryrainbow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Further to my email of the 30.10,12, I would like to bring to your attention a serious manufacturing defect in my TM-800 HD.

Apart from the serious problems laid out in the above email, there is a more damning defect, this time in the actual manufacture of my TM-800HD:

There is no audio output from the left channels of the 2 rear scart sockets and also the rear L audio.

As I had no reason to use these outputs for some time after I bought the receiver, I only found out about the defect when it was too late for any exchange offer, etc. So I was stuck with the defect.

To be honest, i would not have willingly forked out about £100 or so, knowing I would end up with another technomate ‘lemon’.

For technomate, this is a ‘quality control’ nightmare, and completely unacceptable.

All in all, I have come to the conclusion that I have had a ‘monumental’ raw deal from technomate . THANK YOU TECHNOMATE!!!

Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dryrainbow

abu baniaz
30-10-2012, 14:18
Would it not be better for TM to specify the list of known faults that people have been reporting and others can add to it?

Priorities are:
1. Fix the not completely deleting/replacing files during upgrade
2. Fix the OpenTV epg. (You have done it on the Twin, so should be easy)
3. Fix the low volume on HD channels.
4. Fix the lip sync loss.
5. Update to the latest python so that we can use packages that have been updated.
6. Possibly simplify the usb update method so that we do not have to keep pressing standby. (You have done so for the Twin)
7. Fix the handshaking with Sata HDDs.
8. Sub titles being hidden and only briefly showing (as per posts from person in far east)
9. Make replacement fans easy to acquire as they are very loud.

cuebase
30-10-2012, 14:37
Just as matter off interest Abu have you sent this in an email to TM

squig007
30-10-2012, 20:11
i have just had a lengthy conversation with richard owner of TM . Basically he wants to get this problem sorted out once and for all and wants to move on and put things right. So anyone who wants to get something sorted please contact TM either on info@technomate.com or +44 (0)20 8884 0701 they geuinely want to help everyone who has a problem with their machines .

CG121
31-10-2012, 01:35
As the TM800 and the Twin have the same problems when it comes to video output modes, I think it's fair to say their is no point listing the same faults again..

I suspect the CVBS is still unstable (which causes problems with the RF output) and the RGB input on the VCR scart no doubt completely destroys the picture on the TV scart..

Again, the same problems with modes not being saved and/or altered when selecting another mode should be resolved..

Rather than expect everyone to spend their time emailing TM, TM should look through all the posts on the TM800 sections and research and resolve them..

abu baniaz
01-11-2012, 00:57
Email not sent (yet).

I did however post most of these comments on their feedback section.