PDA

View Full Version : factory reset

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 11:50
Hello if I did a factory reset on my TM800HD box would I loose the Satellite positions and channels thanks take care

digidude
14-02-2013, 11:57
yes m8, you would, ensure you backup your server details (cccam.cfg or newcamd.list) channel settings can be downloaded or setup again, server details connot be recovered unless from the person who originally gave them to you

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 12:02
Thanks so if I did a factory reset I would get all the Sats back but I would need to scan the sats again would I need to put in a Image if so what image would you recomend thanks again take care

digidude
14-02-2013, 12:33
a LOT of TM800 images, have a fatal flaw in them, where if you attempt a factory reset, it leaves the receiver in a boot loop, which leaves the receiver needing complete reflashing.

What image are you using at the moment, and what issues are you having that makes you want to factory reset it to try and resolve?

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 13:43
Hi thanks I have had this receiver just over a year and it was set up by my local sat engineer I dont know what image is on it but I need to sell it and thought it would be better if the receiver was in its original state when it was made cheers take care

cuebase
14-02-2013, 13:53
Hi thanks I have had this receiver just over a year and it was set up by my local sat engineer I dont know what image is on it but I need to sell it and thought it would be better if the receiver was in its original state when it was made cheers take care

Hi m8,

The only was to be sure your details are gone is to do a total reflash witha new image. Digis backup image would be ideal for this.

this one http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=482

but if you plan to use the same line detaails on your next box make a note off them first.

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 13:59
Hi Thanks and how would I do that mate and where would I get that new Image from thank I need all the help I can get cheers take care

cuebase
14-02-2013, 14:09
Download the image from the link above, when you have it extract it to your desktop. Turn off your TM 800 using the power button on back of box and turn on again
wait for checking keys in front display
press OK on front box
this will give you the IP address off your box on the led on front.
open a browser on your PC and type thr box IP address in the address bar.
YOu will then see were you can flash the image to your tm 800.

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 14:17
Thanks a Lot but I wouldnt have a clue how to do all that mate looks really difficult cheers thanks again take care

cuebase
14-02-2013, 14:39
no problem there is a good guide with pics somwhere i try and find it.

abu baniaz
14-02-2013, 16:23
You can flash by miniweb as Cuebase has said or you can flash by miniroot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edG66xkkqF8

1. Format a USB stick FAT32.
2. Download image
3. Extract image to root of the USB stick and rename to TM800_update.bin
4. Power off TM-800 and connect USB stick to front or rear USB port.
5. Power on using rear power switch and REPEATEDLY press the Standby button front of the receiver.
6. When miniroot shows stop pressing standby button.
7. When IP shows press MENU and the you will see the progress of the flash on the front screen. When finished the receiver will automatically reboot.

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 17:26
Hi Thanks that would be great is it hard to do because I would really love to do it cheers mate you are very help full take care

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 17:32
Hi its me again it looks really good doing it by the USB stick I think that I could do it that way what do I put on the USB stick to do that cheers take care

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 17:34
Hi its me again it looks really good doing it by the USB stick I think that I could do it that way what do I put on the USB stick to do that cheers take care Hi it wont let me downlkoad the Image

cuebase
14-02-2013, 17:41
download from here you mean m8

abu baniaz
14-02-2013, 17:45
If you cannot download, PM Cusski or Cuebase, they'll look into your profile.

You need to download the image of your choice, extract it and put on the USB stick. The file will be "TM800_update.bin" . We have some in the downloads section of the forum. Digidudes's backup image is an excellent choice. 21/10/12
http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=22

Why don't you just delete any sensitive files and flog it as it is? At least you can sell it knowing that it was in a stable condition.

roystheboy
14-02-2013, 17:48
Thats it thats all I need to do factory reset which is in the menu would that work