PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 800HD Questions

salan2010
26-03-2012, 22:37
Thank very much Rickie,

As a matter of fact I do have a pressing issue I was hoping I could be assisted with and I am not to sure which section of the forum to post it in. I hope you can direct me so I may obtain the best results. Perhaps you may be able to assist me with my problem? I recently purchased a Technomate TM 800 HD without the motorised unit and the system was set up by an incompetent chap who basically left it to me to figure out. After establishing the satellite position for Sky the system tuned itself. Regrettably the kids have done something to the system as now although I have most channels on the system indicating 60% or above I cannot receive them including BBC and all Sky channels. I cannot figure out how to flash the system if that is the problem or maybe the dish is slightly out of tune as the direction on the satellite positioner for my area is not exactly how the dish appears. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a heads up in rectifying my problem. Ant assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone in advance. Regards Salan2010

rickie_20
26-03-2012, 22:53
Thank very much Rickie,

As a matter of fact I do have a pressing issue I was hoping I could be assisted with and I am not to sure which section of the forum to post it in. I hope you can direct me so I may obtain the best results. Perhaps you may be able to assist me with my problem? I recently purchased a Technomate TM 800 HD without the motorised unit and the system was set up by an incompetent chap who basically left it to me to figure out. After establishing the satellite position for Sky the system tuned itself. Regrettably the kids have done something to the system as now although I have most channels on the system indicating 60% or above I cannot receive them including BBC and all Sky channels. I cannot figure out how to flash the system if that is the problem or maybe the dish is slightly out of tune as the direction on the satellite positioner for my area is not exactly how the dish appears. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a heads up in rectifying my problem. Ant assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone in advance. Regards Salan2010

Are you using a motorised or fixed dish?

salan2010
26-03-2012, 22:55
Thank you for your prompt reply, I regret to say I have a fixed dish.

rickie_20
26-03-2012, 23:12
If that's the case setup should be quite easy

from memory if you go to menu>settings>tuner config>simple>fixed dish>28.2

If you have an old channel list you may find some channels don't work you can download new ones of these from the plug-in menu providing you have internet connection, alternatively you can do a manual scan

I think the blue button is the shortcut for the plug-in menu, but in case I am wrong you will be able to find it in the main menu.

salan2010
26-03-2012, 23:19
Thank you very much once again Rickie, I am replying to your kind suggestion prior to trying to ascertain whether I can do as you have suggested. I will try and get back to ASAP to let you now how it went.

salan2010
27-03-2012, 00:36
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you rickie, I downloaded the Rats channel list plugin however it does not show on my plugins folder. I followed your instructions and re-tuned my service with the simple mode 28.2 however now all I have is one satellite not to mention I still cannot view the sky channels even though they are showing at 63% I can pick up channel 4 & 5 however no luck with BBC which is showing 65% majority of the channels indicate tune failed or service not found. I think I will call it a night try again tomorrow at some point. Thank you nevertheless for your wisdom I'm sure I'm not follow your instructions to the tee and as a result went wrong somewhere.

CJD
27-03-2012, 08:15
Hi m8,
Flashing it is quite easy so if you get to the point where you feel you have to or want to flash it then here is how to do so.

1. download a image from the download section on the forum (i currently use this image on mine http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=106 )
2. extract the file and place it on a usb stick (just that file no folders etc....)
3. at the back of the tm800 flip the power switch to turn it off.
4. now put your usb stick in the front panels usb slot
5. now as you flip the switch at the back on start pressing the power button quickly (just spam press it)
the box should then display the word miniroot as soon at it displays that you can stop pressing the power button and then a set of numbers will scroll past
6. now press menu on the front panel of the 800 and then it will start to flash the image to it :)

here is a video digidude made which i used to see what it should look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edG66xkkqF8

hope this helps
CJD

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 09:25
Before you do above establish what software you are currently running

Goto Menu>Information and post the information

Before you attempt any sort of update, you must ensure you know your settings and if you use any servers you know this information too, as the update will erase this information.

To update download image and unzip on the root of a formatted memory stick

Power on the TM800 and as soon as it says "starting" hit the "power button once” (this will change the text to mini root)
Once you see an ip address scroll across the screen hit the "menu button once” (you will see the machine download the new software)

Follow on screen instructions until you get to the wizard where you will input your own basic settings

For the record I plugged my TM800HD in this morning and was getting about 88% signals using a normal sky mini dish, so it quite possible that you have a dish alignment issue or an LNB issue

salan2010
27-03-2012, 10:36
Thank you rickie for getting back to me. I kindly ask for you patience as my own incompetence will probably be seen in my posts, I think the information you are relating to is in the about section of the information directory, however there is a lot of other information in the service part of the information section. Anyway here is the information I extracted from the about section.

About

Enigma: OpenPLi 2011-06-27 HEAD
Image: TM800-iQ-08/11/11

Front processor ver: 1.0.1
Detected RCU : ver 2.0
Detected NIMs:
Tuner A: Sharp BS2F7VZ0169 (DVB-S2)
Detected HDD:
Front or Inside : None
Rear : None
Inside : None

I hope this is what you are referring to. Thank you once again;)

salan2010
27-03-2012, 10:48
Thank you CJD, I cannot seem to download the flash image, I think my laptop does not recognise the extention of the file which is rar.ext it requires that I open this file with a particular program which I am not too sure of. Thank you nevertheless for your kind post and illustration by way of video. I will try and fiddle with it a bit more and see what happens.:)

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 11:23
Thank you CJD, I cannot seem to download the flash image, I think my laptop does not recognise the extention of the file which is rar.ext it requires that I open this file with a particular program which I am not too sure of. Thank you nevertheless for your kind post and illustration by way of video. I will try and fiddle with it a bit more and see what happens.:)

Click below for the windows version of the software required

Download Winrar (http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar411.exe)

As for the software version you are running, you should not really have an issue with it.

I would personally recommend that you use a DW-IQ-UK

*TM800 iQ-DW mod 2011-11-28 (http://www.technomatesoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM800HD%20Linux/DW%20images/&file=TM800%20iQ-DW%20mod%202011-11-28.rar)
or
*TM800-DWiQ-16-07-11-SkyUK (http://www.technomatesoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM800HD%20Linux/DW%20images/&file=TM800-DWiQ-16-07-11-SkyUK.zip) - Which is a backup image, so everything should be preset for you

Again you will to have a copy of your cfg file if you use one or back it up first

Other Images Here (http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=22)

*Images above have been supplied by Digidude / DW Team

abu baniaz
27-03-2012, 11:58
I would also that on some units, the front USB's connection is disabled. This is because the connection that it normally uses has been used for the HDD adapter instead. If this applies to you, use the USB drive on the rear of the receiver.

salan2010
27-03-2012, 14:26
Good afternoon Gents, I want to thank you all for your contribution to the issue currently before me. I especially wish to thank rickie for your invaluable advice thanks mate, not to mention CJD for that video as well as the link thank you also. I have been working on this problem on and off all morning and part of the afternoon and I regret to say I am still unable to get back all my sky channels even though they are showing 66% I have downloaded the flash which you all recommended as well as the rats channel list plugins which now appears on my plugin directory, although I must admit I had far greater channels on the sky package prior to developing this problem. I really must apologise to you all for being so daft and taking up everyone's time with these continuous posts of mine may I kindly ask for all your patience while I get my act together. I don't quite know what to do next I was hoping I would get all my sky channels back as I am a avid F1 fan and I missed this weekends Malaysian Grand Prix and had to watch part of the race on a stream that was continuously breaking up. Can you guys suggest where I may be going wrong. Thank you all in advance.;)

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 14:34
What do you use to clear the channels?

sky card, cccam etc etc

even at 66% you should receive a picture that does not break up, I assume this is only happening on subbed channels?

salan2010
27-03-2012, 14:51
Sorry rickie, some of your questions may be a little above my understanding, I don't have a card so I believe it is a cccam as a matter of I just had a look and I think the system shows under the softcam setup I am using CCcam221. Should that be the correct setup?

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 14:52
Sorry rickie, some of your questions may be a little above my understanding, I don't have a card so I believe it is a cccam as a matter of I just had a look and I think the system shows under the softcam setup I am using CCcam221. Should that be the correct setup?

So do normal freeview channels work Ok
BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc?

salan2010
27-03-2012, 14:59
Yes, although the BBC channel tend to break up channel 4,5 and ITV are very clear however not all freeview channels are available Like Dave which is saying tune failed!

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 15:04
Have you tried a manual scan? Or adding a single channel such as Dave in manually?

Dave Transponer Info (http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=dave&Submit=Zap)

But to be honest if the BBC is breaking up you are going to have to try and move your dish to get a better signal, as I said earlier I am getting at least 85% on a normal dish

salan2010
27-03-2012, 15:09
No, I have not done a manual scan for a while now, I have been using the Auto scan option but I will certainly give it a go and get back to you shortly. As always thank you for all your assistance;)

CJD
27-03-2012, 19:38
Yes, although the BBC channel tend to break up channel 4,5 and ITV are very clear however not all freeview channels are available Like Dave which is saying tune failed!

nps for the help m8 :)

it sounds like your dish is not aligned/tuned very well, is it a sky dish & lnb you have up as i was getting a poor signal using my sky dish & lnb and recently changed my lnb for a TECHNOMATE TM-4 SUPER HIGH 0.1dB QUAD UNIVERSAL LNB and my signal quality has improved but about 10-15% i think its due to sky lnb's having higher noise levels but you would have to get that confirmed by someone with more knowledge than me on it :)

salan2010
27-03-2012, 20:20
Sorry Gents, I have been off line for a while. Thanks rickie for your last post sorry for my delay I have been doing an errand for the misses I will try shortly to do a manual scan and let you know ASAP. Thank you CJD for your analysis I have physically moved the dish an inch either side of the position according to http://www.dishpointer.com/ which shows the position for my area in accordance with 28.2 Eurobird 1..Astra 1n/2a/2b/2d with no improvement. We use to pick up everything and I don't know what in heavens my kids have done to the system but this is the position I'm in at the moment. I shall now try and do a manual scan on the single satellite however there are options for network scan giving you yes or no option, clear before scan again with a yes or no option and only free scan with a yes or no option should I leave it all on the no option?

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 20:29
Sorry Gents, I have been off line for a while. Thanks rickie for your last post sorry for my delay I have been doing an errand for the misses I will try shortly to do a manual scan and let you know ASAP. Thank you CJD for your analysis I have physically moved the dish an inch either side of the position according to http://www.dishpointer.com/ which shows the position for my area in accordance with 28.2 Eurobird 1..Astra 1n/2a/2b/2d with no improvement. We use to pick up everything and I don't know what in heavens my kids have done to the system but this is the position I'm in at the moment. I shall now try and do a manual scan on the single satellite however there are options for network scan giving you yes or no option, clear before scan again with a yes or no option and only free scan with a yes or no option should I leave it all on the no option?

To be honest I would choose single transponder and enter the details in the required field in the link I posted to you earlier, this should find the channel Dave and maybe a couple of others.

Once complete restart the receiver and see if you can get a picture on Dave... doing it this way you will the rest of your channels unchanged

salan2010
27-03-2012, 20:55
As always rickie please accept my gratitude I shall try it out as you suggest on the single transponder taking into account the details for Dave on the link you sent earlier and get back to you shortly cheers!

salan2010
27-03-2012, 22:23
Hi rickie, I'm absolutely knackered after following your instructions on the manual scan on the single transponder I received a message "scan done! 0 services found. I did this several times changing the frequency details now and then. I don't think I have the patience to continue this evening. Thank you for all your efforts I shall try to move the dish while it is on the BBC to see if I can get a better picture tomorrow. What would happen if I went and performed a full factory reset then start afresh?

rickie_20
27-03-2012, 22:39
If it picked nothing up I would say you have issues with your lnb, it might be worth getting a local installer to come and fit you a new lnb and do a proper realign.

I doubt it would cost much as it will probably only take them 10 minutes

CJD
28-03-2012, 08:23
if you do a full factory reset m8 you will wipe all the settings on the box (flashing a new image will get the same result) but i doubt that it will solve your problem as i just think its a badly aligned dish or faulty lnb, as i said in a previous post maybe change the lnb but as you have moved the dish about, as rickie said it might be a better idea hiring a installer to sort it all out for you + you might not need a new lnb it might just be the alignment.

Id ring a few sat installers and ask how much to re-align a dish and if you have only recently had it installed by a installer then id call him and try to get him out again to fix the problem, alot of installers either allow a callback for free or some even have a 12 month warranty

also for the future you can also put a password on you 800 to stop your kids changing most of the settings on the box just for future ;)

CJD

rickie_20
28-03-2012, 08:34
Maybe the easyiest thing to do is take the 800 round a mates house that's got a dish, plug it in there and see what sort of signal you getting.

salan2010
28-03-2012, 11:26
Good Morning Gents,

Once again I am indebted to both rickie and CJD for your invaluable advice. I am quite tired of fiddling about with the 800 and as a result both your suggestion seems the most logical way for me to get things done. I don't have any confidence in the chap who initially installed our satellite and as a result I shall be ringing around for a local engineer who may be able to realign my dish. I have found this site and its members to be of extreme help and I hope you accept my sincere gratitude. Thank you all, I shall keep you guys posted.;)

CJD
28-03-2012, 18:41
your welcome m8 glad to help, i think rickie has come up with a good idea in that maybe you should take it a friend/family members house to see if any of the channels work as at tleast that way you can rule out the box :)

johnnyM
02-04-2012, 17:27
Have the later images mastered timeshifting yet? Which one is the best image? and can you get EPG on Hotbird? Just ordered my box and its arriving tomorrow so wanna get the best images etc. Any tips would be good. Thanks guys

johnnyM
02-04-2012, 17:34
Also I have found that after doing a manual scan that I needed to cycle the power and then the channels appeared. Got to press ok and then all services obviously.

rickie_20
02-04-2012, 19:20
You don't need to power cycle, it will be quicker for you if you just restart Enigma

udayansen
25-04-2012, 05:27
sorry if I've discussed before, if the TM-800 HD has blindscan feature? if not, is there a plug-in blindscan for TM-800 HD is?

thanks for the response

dryrainbow
26-04-2012, 11:39
I have just installed a Seagate 250 hdd in my tm8oo.

Unfortunately, I am getting the message ''Write error during recording. Is disk full?''

The tm800 recognizes the HDD and after 'formatting' informs me that all is well.

But when I try to record again, the above message reappears.

What am I doing wrong?

Please somebody help,

Thanks

dryrainbow.

rickie_20
26-04-2012, 11:46
Hi mate, I assume you have formatted using the TM800, (think by pressing the USB button on the remote)

dryrainbow
26-04-2012, 12:19
Hi mate, I assume you have formatted using the TM800, (think by pressing the USB button on the remote)

Hi Rickie.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you please be more specific so I can follow your instructioins more precisely.

Always grateful.

dryrainbow.

rickie_20
26-04-2012, 12:31
you will need to format the hard drive using your Technomate reciever

from memory and not having the machine in front of me, if you push the usb button on the remote it will give you this option

If I am wrong and it is possible I am sure someone will correct me

dryrainbow
26-04-2012, 13:04
you will need to format the hard drive using your Technomate reciever

from memory and not having the machine in front of me, if you push the usb button on the remote it will give you this option

If I am wrong and it is possible I am sure someone will correct me

As I said before, the formatting was successful and all seems set for recording, but as soon as I press the record button, the message ''write error while recording'' reappears.

I am thinking this is a bug not yet resolved by the IQ team.

Thanks anyway for your kind help.

dryrainbow.

rickie_20
26-04-2012, 13:08
Could you post which image version you are currently running

dryrainbow
26-04-2012, 13:37
Could you post which image version you are currently running

ENIGMA: Open PLi 2011/06/27-HEAD
IMAGE: TM800-IQ-*/!!/!!

Detected HDD: ATA (250-1 GB)

CJD
26-04-2012, 17:28
try this image m8 i think this was the most stable image to date at least it was for me http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=108

dryrainbow
26-04-2012, 21:29
Thanks for the suggestion. But I have to confess I am hopeless when it comes to changing images,etc.

CG121
27-04-2012, 02:25
Thanks for the suggestion. But I have to confess I am hopeless when it comes to changing images,etc.

So are the IQ team so you're not alone ;)

abu baniaz
27-04-2012, 07:15

How to flash TM800 HD using a flash drive

1. Image must be named "TM800_update.bin" not "TM800_update.bin.bin".
2. It must be placed on the root of USB drive and not in a folder. Place USB drive in active USB port. (Some USB HDD adapters disable the front USB port)
3. Power off TM-800 with switch at the back.
4. Power on using rear power switch and REPEATEDLY press the Standby button front of the receiver. Stop pressing standby when you see "miniroot"
5. When you see an IP address, press "menu". Box will reboot when done.
6. When you configure it after reboot, don't forget to power it down for a minute before restarting.

CJD
27-04-2012, 08:14

just follow abu's guide m8 it is really easy, first time i had to do it i was worried id mess something up but after i did it i was like wow that was simple!

rickie_20
27-04-2012, 09:35
The only thing I would add, if you have a motorised setup, it would be worth making a note of the settings before you reflash.

But the guys are right, once you have done it a few times, you will be able to flash and reset up pretty much with your eyes closed

dryrainbow
27-04-2012, 10:11
GEE!! You guys are really helpful!

I wish I had the courage to follow your advice. But I will try....

Thanks for your help

cuebase
27-04-2012, 10:15
Give it a go m8 if you break it we will get it back up and running no worries :)

udayansen
02-05-2012, 09:24
I read on the website www.technomate.com, and I am interested in all of the features possessed by the TM-800 HD upscaler and especially 3D and linux OS enigma 2, together with a satellite receiver that I have been before the dm500s, so I decided to purchase the TM-800 HD.

I have bought a TM-800 HD, and the goods still in transit to get to my hands, and after reading more detail on some satellite forum, I realized that the TM-800 HD is still a lot of flaws and recall in the early going. I do not know how the development and condition of the TM-800 HD at this time, because many people do not discuss it in some satellite forums. I am very disappointed had booked and bought a TM-800 HD, but the goods are shipped, so what can we do.

yanto - Indonesia

abu baniaz
02-05-2012, 13:10
The recall was to jtag the CPU, so you do not need to worry about that.

As you said, there are flaws. But for basic viewing, it is very good. Recording to USB hard drive is fine, you can mount HDD internally using the adapter. This will take takeaway the front usb port. Time shift does not work.

I don't know what the law is in your country and the country you bought it from are.

CJD
02-05-2012, 16:19
GEE!! You guys are really helpful!

I wish I had the courage to follow your advice. But I will try....

Thanks for your help

i know how you feel when i first had to flash the box i was worried id mess it up or miss something and break the box but honestly m8 when u flash it you will think what the hell was i worrying about???? in this thread i posted how to flash the image and included a video that digidude made on youtube which helped me alot when i first had to flash it :)

here is a link to the post i made http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php/741-Technomate-800HD-Questions?p=993&viewfull=1#post993

unknown
02-05-2012, 20:17
This opentv work on the TM800?

udayansen
03-05-2012, 02:28
The recall was to jtag the CPU, so you do not need to worry about that.

As you said, there are flaws. But for basic viewing, it is very good. Recording to USB hard drive is fine, you can mount HDD internally using the adapter. This will take takeaway the front usb port. Time shift does not work.

I don't know what the law is in your country and the country you bought it from are.

yes, i import directly from the UK, I am still waiting for the goods come

was my own fault that do not read and find more information about the satellite receiver, does anyone know of software development support Technomate own? because I am clay in www.technomate.com, there is no software support for the TM-800 HD, but they still put the product TM-800 HD

I am very glad I finally found this forum, which can support each other on particular products Technomate TM-800 HD

CJD
03-05-2012, 08:12
This opentv work on the TM800?

not that i recall m8, i used to use the rytec epg on it

CJD
03-05-2012, 08:17
yes, i import directly from the UK, I am still waiting for the goods come

was my own fault that do not read and find more information about the satellite receiver, does anyone know of software development support Technomate own? because I am clay in www.technomate.com, there is no software support for the TM-800 HD, but they still put the product TM-800 HD

I am very glad I finally found this forum, which can support each other on particular products Technomate TM-800 HD

last i heard which was a good few months ago now was that after the tm-twin oe had been released they was going to continue working on the tm800hd to fix the problems that remain on it as i said that was the last i heard about it, if your just going to watvh SD channels then it will most likely suit your needs as it is ok to watch tv on, my 800 use to always have my picture go out of sync with my audio on hd channels and i tried several images but none resolved that problem.

TM are pretty good to deal with so if you have any problems that we cant assist you with on the forum then you can always contact them direct, but just see how you go with it when you get it :)

udayansen
04-05-2012, 02:26
very disappointed to hear that, but what could I do, I hope that TM can be immediately and will continue to develop and improve and maximize the HD 800 features, as far away I am from Indonesia to buy 800 HD because of its features are very powerful, especially developed "image" that can maximize features 800 HD, so I can update from Indonesia without having to send my 800 to the UK,

udayansen
04-05-2012, 02:28
What exactly is the problem that features 800 HD can not work up / does not run properly? because I read from some forum is not detailed

abu baniaz
04-05-2012, 14:50
You cannot run some/most plugins that are compatible with other E2 receivers.
A lot of skins do not work. There are some that are confirmed to work.
The wi-fi addon (if you have bought it), does not work with b/g/n, it works fine with G settings.
A few reported issues of audio being out of sync. Channel change brings it back in sync.

It has issues recognising/communicating with some HDDs. As mentioned elsewhere, the USB adapter is a circumvention of the problem.
If you use the adapter the recording works fine.
There was a fix by another forum team which worked around the issue. However, the installation package was hosted on a server. That server lease has expired and they are not going to pay host files for TM's sake.

The receiver is fine for watching TV. The picture quality is actually very good.

Last but not least is the absence of an image taht actually allows the receiver to reach its potential. Irrespective of where you send it, that cannot be fixed. We were told that work will start as soon as tehy have a stable image for the Twin. That has not yet materialised.

udayansen
04-05-2012, 16:29
Why does the volume button on my remote does not work, when pressed up arms crossed

Please ...

CJD
04-05-2012, 16:53
might be a faulty remote as whenevery i pressed the volume up or down button on my 800 when i had it a volume bar came up and the volume would increse or decrease, id wait until someone else responds though as it might be a setting

udayansen
04-05-2012, 17:31
Thks..its work now, please forgive, coz my 800HD is coming to day, so im very nuwbie and stil explore

CJD
04-05-2012, 17:57
no worries m8 were all here to help if u need it :)

udayansen
04-05-2012, 19:31
I just conect to my lcd tv via hdmi cable but not out of the picture, and coming out after i plug the RCA cable, if i unplug it, the picture is lost again, why is that? What hdmi cable is not compatible or the port hdmi is corrupted?

Im very happy for one day i received this stuf coz has relatively sensitive tuner, so i able catch the weak transponder which with satellite receiver previosly is not able to catch..i hope its stable and smooth forever

jsaw
04-05-2012, 19:38
Please check the settings on your tv ---input should be set to hdmi ,

udayansen
04-05-2012, 20:41
've checked them one by one, in lcd tv settings are appropriate, the HDMI cable from the RX lcdtv already installed, only problem is, if not installed right RCA cable, the pictures did not come out, when the settings are correct, the picture settings out of the HDMI input, RCA cable should be installed right out of the picture behind the RX

CJD
04-05-2012, 20:45
have you checked the settings on the 800 itself to make sure its set to hdmi out?

digidude
04-05-2012, 21:02
There was a fix by another forum team which worked around the issue. However, the installation package was hosted on a server. That server lease has expired and they are not going to pay host files for TM's sake.

do you have the installation package by any chance m8?

abu baniaz
04-05-2012, 21:59
Re the volume buttons, there are two sets. The ones next to OK have never worked.

udayansen
06-05-2012, 00:49
I use a two-day TM-800 HD, very disappointing, it 5x instead of "image" to find a better way to maximize the features that have in it, but I am very disappointed with the outcome, worse than dm500s and even more bored than china-made receiver F3 skybox that its price is only one-third of the TM-800 HD.

- Transfer channel 2-3 seconds even 5 seconds
- Menu movement is slow, but I try to replace the "image" and remove the unnecessary channel so that the "free memory" increases, the problem is completed
- There are some channels that do not come out of his voice, I've changed the audio settings but its still no sound, anyone can help?
- Some TV channels have subtitle facilities, but does not show up, I've tried on the menu subs, but still does not appear, anyone know why?

Therefore the main

This is only the outpouring of the heart, there was no intention to vilify, only to seek improvement of the stuff I've bought far away

I would appreciate if anyone provide feedback and solutions to my problems, the use of this forum

thank you

abu baniaz
06-05-2012, 01:09
I feel for you Udayansen. Sadly there is nothing that can be done by forum members. The only thing I could suggest is to add a swap file.

I wish TM would remove the claims from their site.

udayansen
06-05-2012, 06:29
There is i can do to fixed the channel with no audio ? I has to try used many "image" but no result, verry anoying me wacth one channel with no audio

Thks

abu baniaz
06-05-2012, 13:04
You have not said what image you are using.

digidude
06-05-2012, 13:26
have you tried pressing the audio button and changing the audio option?

udayansen
06-05-2012, 14:07
You have not said what image you are using.

I has try many image, like UR, DW, IQ, so many image each version has i try, now i used DW 16-07-2011

udayansen
06-05-2012, 14:12
have you tried pressing the audio button and changing the audio option?

Yes i have tried, but no change.still no sound..

udayansen
08-05-2012, 10:19
why some TV channels are not subtitled facilities wear out of this TM-800 HD?

thank you

udayansen
08-05-2012, 10:25
You cannot run some/most plugins that are compatible with other E2 receivers.
A lot of skins do not work. There are some that are confirmed to work.
The wi-fi addon (if you have bought it), does not work with b/g/n, it works fine with G settings.
A few reported issues of audio being out of sync. Channel change brings it back in sync.

It has issues recognising/communicating with some HDDs. As mentioned elsewhere, the USB adapter is a circumvention of the problem.
If you use the adapter the recording works fine.

The receiver is fine for watching TV. The picture quality is actually very good.

Last but not least is the absence of an image taht actually allows the receiver to reach its potential. Irrespective of where you send it, that cannot be fixed. We were told that work will start as soon as tehy have a stable image for the Twin. That has not yet materialised.

thanks for your info...i see

is there any hope of improvement and development?

CJD
08-05-2012, 17:59
thanks for your info...i see

is there any hope of improvement and development?

i honestly dont think so m8, i think i said in a previous post that they said that once their new box the twin oe was released they would start working on the 800hd to get it finished and running 100% but we have not heard anything since well at least i have not

udayansen
09-05-2012, 04:49
hopefully...

udayansen
09-05-2012, 05:01
there is still jammed on the optimization of HD 800:

- Why there is a TV channel that is not his voice, was in trying to change his change audio settings but still no sound, but use another receiver there is no problem, his voice out

- How to bring up the subtitle on the TV channel which has the subtitle facilities? whereas others use receivers that there is no problem, subtitle out

udayansen
11-05-2012, 11:34
is there any hope of improvement and development "image" that all the features of the HD 800 can work optimally?

how bout IQ team ? whether they are still developing image for 800HD?

cuebase
11-05-2012, 12:01
Hi m8, it has been promised many times that the tm 800 will be finished. this has not happened. There are many posts on many forums about this all asking same question as you. The latest news is that as soon as The IQ team are finished with the TM twin then the TM 800 will get worked on. If I am honest i cant see this happening. The main reason is that TM took a chance on a chip NXP that was not proven in the Linux set top box world. It quickly became apparent that the NXP chip would simply not be able to perform. TM have said it will get finished so if the NXP chip is cabale of what they say why then have TM opted to use the tried and tested broadcom chip on there latest reciever and even with that have still not completed the drivers. There is nothing anyone can do on the forum to help you but keep posting your findings and if you need any help with what is working somone will definatly help you here.

is there any hope of improvement and development "image" that all the features of the HD 800 can work optimally?

how bout IQ team ? whether they are still developing image for 800HD?

CJD
11-05-2012, 18:39
its just unforetunate that you found this forum after you had made your purchase as if you had asked what box to buy i would of said NOT the 800hd even if it was £50. I had the 800 and i now have the twin and the 800 for me was a nightmare and i hated every second of owning it, the twin although still not finished & working 100% is much much much better than the 800. if i was you i would contact TM directly to see if they can help you.

abu baniaz
11-05-2012, 23:01
I owe a huge apology to Richard. It is not he who sold the 800. Based on another forum, the receiver was bought on Ebay.

I was wrong to say Richard sold the receiver to someone on the other side of the world. I am sorry.

udayansen
14-05-2012, 02:28
Thank you so much that has been giving a lot of information and sharing knowledge of particular products "TM800 HD", I missed all the information weaknesses TM800 HD after I bought this product, my mistake because my ignorance,

okay, I will try to contact tehnomate, what they can do, because the money I spend to buy TM800 HD is relatively large for me when compared to the price of a satellite receiver from china or the originial

cuebase
14-05-2012, 10:33
Hi m8 just thought i would post this for you, good luck.

Attention of all TM-800 Owners

If you have any problem with this receiver please contact Technomate direct, it will be pointless trying to find solution in any forums Technomate will make sure you will get the best service.
Please email to info@technomate.com or phone 0208 884 0259 Richard.
To help us to serve you faster please email scan copy of your invoice.

dryrainbow
14-05-2012, 10:49
Thank you so much that has been giving a lot of information and sharing knowledge of particular products "TM800 HD", I missed all the information weaknesses TM800 HD after I bought this product, my mistake because my ignorance,

okay, I will try to contact tehnomate, what they can do, because the money I spend to buy TM800 HD is relatively large for me when compared to the price of a satellite receiver from china or the originial

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I bought a TM800 HD a couple of weeks ago from Digital Tech and it works beautifully. For me (a rather non-technical person) it surpasses the Dreambox: it is very user-friendly, has fantastic HD pictures, loads of connectivity and very reliable. The USB-SATA PVR is super, although functions here are still limited. The remoter control gives easy simple, access to various functions. (To be fair, for some reason, the buttons were almost all misnamed, but the problem was fixed by sticking lalels on the correct buttons.)
I understand Technomate will be issuing a new firmware to correct some known bugs. When that happens, it would surely make the TM800 pvr HD a truly outsatanding machine.
dryrainbow.

CG121
14-05-2012, 15:15

I bought a TM800 HD a couple of weeks ago from Digital Tech and it works beautifully. For me (a rather non-technical person) it surpasses the Dreambox: it is very user-friendly, has fantastic HD pictures, loads of connectivity and very reliable. The USB-SATA PVR is super, although functions here are still limited. The remoter control gives easy simple, access to various functions. (To be fair, for some reason, the buttons were almost all misnamed, but the problem was fixed by sticking lalels on the correct buttons.)
I understand Technomate will be issuing a new firmware to correct some known bugs. When that happens, it would surely make the TM800 pvr HD a truly outsatanding machine.
dryrainbow.
Please don't insult other users that have had financial loss, interrupted viewing and ongoing issues with this box...

I'm pleased it works for you, but it doesn't/hasn't for many others. You've not exactly been field testing it long..

Sticky labels on buttons?? What's that all about..

We all understand TM will be issuing new firmware to correct some bugs, the only problem is it's not being worked on (presently) which means I stand more of a chance of defending this post in a years time by saying it's unlikely to appear any time soon.

I wish you continued success with the 800, something I've yet to see from any number of them I've had and supplied to m8s [incredibly I've managed to keep them as m8s too]

CG

CJD
14-05-2012, 17:35

dryrainbow.

im glad it works for you the way you need it too however for the vast majority myself included it did not work as it should have & alot of us spent alot of money on it compared to the price that you can pick it up for now which is why its a sore point for alot of people, new software is meant to be getting released in the future to fix somebugs but i cant see it happening anytime soon as tm are currently focusing on their newer box the twin.

dryrainbow
15-05-2012, 01:08
Sorry guys. I never meant to offend anyone. I know how much it hurts to waste good money on rubbish machines....I was sold a dreambox clone as 'genuine'.
After reading all the negative reviews in this forum, I still decided to go for the TM800 HD PVR, mainly because of the very resonable price. I figured nothing could be as bad as that horrible DM clone. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the TM 800 was not that bad after all. Hence, my over-enthusiastic email, which sadly seems to have been misinteroreted. Once again, I apologize if I have inadvertently upset any members of this forum.
dryrainbow.

abu baniaz
15-05-2012, 01:46
Not to worry, glad it is working for your needs. It is a good box for plain viewing for most people. Imagine how well it would be if it did what it was meant to be able to!

Just don't mess around with it.

squig007
15-05-2012, 09:28
dryrainbow are you sure your not richard in disguise ? lol the tm800 is a disaster. years later still doesnt work right, still being advertised as fully working open embedded machine thats boll***s.its far from a 100% working machine, months and months since and image update thats says it all really !

udayansen
15-05-2012, 09:34
I've sent email to info@technomate.com 2 times, but until now there has been no response,

its okay,

rickie_20
15-05-2012, 09:39
Sorry guys. I never meant to offend anyone. I know how much it hurts to waste good money on rubbish machines....I was sold a dreambox clone as 'genuine'.
After reading all the negative reviews in this forum, I still decided to go for the TM800 HD PVR, mainly because of the very resonable price. I figured nothing could be as bad as that horrible DM clone. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the TM 800 was not that bad after all. Hence, my over-enthusiastic email, which sadly seems to have been misinteroreted. Once again, I apologize if I have inadvertently upset any members of this forum.
dryrainbow.

The bottom line is the TM800 is Ok if you use it for limited use, the picture quality is fantastic.

The biggest problem is the drivers for the chipset, I personally donít think the drivers are IQ's strong point so donít hold your breath for any major improvements in the near future

CG121
15-05-2012, 10:55
dryrainbow are you sure your not richard in disguise ? lol

Not unless he's morphed into a savant and suddenly grasped the English language.. :)

@dryrainbow
Understood :) & we'll be here for you when it crashes :p

abu baniaz
15-05-2012, 11:10
I've sent email to info@technomate.com 2 times, but until now there has been no response,
its okay,

You said you bought it from ebay. Was it "buy it now" or auction? If "buy it now" and less than 14 days have elapsed, you can return it under distant selling regulations. You will lose out on the postage though.

dryrainbow
15-05-2012, 11:13
The bottom line is the TM800 is Ok if you use it for limited use, the picture quality is fantastic.

The biggest problem is the drivers for the chipset, I personally donít think the drivers are IQ's strong point so donít hold your breath for any major improvements in the near future

Thanks Rickie and Abu Baniaz.
As you both say, I just use the TM800 for 'plain' viewing and 'plain' recording. Not being technically-minded, it suits me just fine.
Thanks also to CG 121 for his kind support.
Regards to all.
dryrainbow.

CJD
15-05-2012, 17:10
dryrainbow.

you didnt offend me m8 and i did not mean my reply to seem that way i was just trying to explain that alot of people have had trouble with it myself included and im glad that you are happy with your purchase and i hope you continue to stay happy with it. :)

udayansen
16-05-2012, 01:58
You said you bought it from ebay. Was it "buy it now" or auction? If "buy it now" and less than 14 days have elapsed, you can return it under distant selling regulations. You will lose out on the postage though.

yes i bought it from ebay with the "auction", so what can I do?

but indeed, if it can be returned or returns to the Technomate, or even anyone want to buy, even though half the price of the purchase price, I would give it hehehe, even though I've lost

I read that the program "Technomate extend warranty on tm800", even if the tm800 purchased from ebay though, it can claim to Technomate, then I email it to Technomate but until now there has been no response,

its okay, I've been able to accept it, frankly it so the learning for me because first of ebay shopping, and anyway tm800 is relatively good enough picture quality, and can see the tv show with CCcam emulator.

I hope, there is a team that was and continues to develop "image" is that IQ, DW, DS or the other so that his features possessed by tm800 can work optimally.

i hope..

udayansen
27-05-2012, 06:07
I use the "image" DWiQ-16-07-2011-SkyUK, I want to update satellite.xml, but can not transfer via ftp, use filezilla but can not connect ...

whether the correct user: root, pass: blank ...?

thanks for shared...

unknown
27-05-2012, 09:15
Try changing box password and then login, some ftp programs dont like blank passwords.

abu baniaz
27-05-2012, 23:37
Username is root, there is no password. I use filezilla specifically because it works without a password.

Try reflashing the image if you cannot get further. I presume that you have already checked that the box's IP address.

dryrainbow
28-05-2012, 00:08
Can I use the SMARGO card reader in my 'TECHNOMATE 800HD' ?

If in the affermative, what settings do I have to perform to make it work?

Thanks as always.

dryrainbow.

udayansen
28-05-2012, 01:58
thanks to all of them, could eventually connect as well,

udayansen
05-06-2012, 10:06
very quiet...any news?

squig007
01-10-2012, 19:37
well now the twin is finished im expecting a full working image out for the tm 800hd as promised !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dryrainbow
02-10-2012, 10:17
well now the twin is finished im expecting a full working image out for the tm 800hd as promised !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so say all of us .... unjustly abandoned owners of the tm 800hd.

We have waited and waited and waited....

Thanks squig007.

dryrainbow.

cuebase
02-10-2012, 11:59
This has been on the download centre since 6/02/2012
Attention of all TM-800 Owners

If you have any problem with this receiver please contact Technomate direct, it will be pointless trying to find solution in any forums Technomate will make sure you will get the best service.

Why not pop them an email or phone them see what they say :)

dryrainbow
05-10-2012, 00:53
Hi cuebase,

I have popped an email to Technmate direct, as you suggested.

Not a squeak yet...an acknowledgement is the least one expects!

What's wrong with these people. Its shameful the way they treat their loyal customers.

Would your intervention, as an Administrator, help to improve matters, however small?

Thanks for trying.

dryrainbow.

cuebase
05-10-2012, 01:22
Dont let it rest m8 i now suggest other 800 users do the same along with people from here and other forums. I recently have had to work on an 800 and cant beleive how bad it is i had forgoton. I will be sending constant mails to the published address and hope more members also do. You are not alone with no response many more like you so once again ill publish the message from technomate.

From Technomate direct

abu baniaz
05-10-2012, 01:40
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=feedback&num=326

Now a proper image for the twin has been released, could you confirm that the work on the TM800 has restarted.

Priorities are:
1. Fix the not completely deleting/replacing files during upgrade
2. Fix the OpenTV epg. (You have done it on the Twin, so should be easy)
3. Fix the low volume on HD channels.
4. Fix the lip sync loss.
5. Update to the latest python so that we can use packages that have been updated.
6. Possibly simplify the usb update method so that we do not have to keep pressing standby. (You have done so for the Twin)
7. Fix the handshaking with Sata HDDs.

You can do one at a time.

dryrainbow
05-10-2012, 12:47
Hi cuebase,

Thanks form all your efforts.

dryrainbow.

squig007
05-10-2012, 16:42
ive just copied abu's and sent it to info@technomate.com for teh attention of richard !!